I committed to a new conscious partnership

The photo of myself represents my feminine, when I was tenderly rubbing my dear friend's feet, she had just given birth at home. The piece represents my masculine, called vajra, a thunderbolt symbol in Tibetan Buddhism that cuts through ignorance. 

I committed to a new conscious partnership, within myself, and to myself. 

This past weekend, my inner feminine and masculine made vows to each other to create a loving, expansive, and conscious partnership within me. We had a ceremony, made offerings to an altar, and celebrated in dance with sacred community. No other partnership in this lifetime has ever felt more clear and available to me. 

From masterful teachers, I've been learning about the energetics within my body. This field of study has given me a new lens for deeper self understanding. We all have a mix of feminine and masculine energies within us, regardless of our sex and gender. From a young age, our energies are developed and shaped by our conditioning within our homes and out in the world. In my family of origin and marriage, and even my work environments, my feminine energies were rejected yet my masculine energies were not fully embraced. Of course our environments are projected mirrors of our inner world experiences. For most of my life, I either couldn't step fully into my masculine heart power, or would do so without enough support. I repeatedly rejected my own intuitive and tender feminine ways. Many of us, without conscious examination and inner work, live with imbalanced, wounded energies within our own bodies, which is what keeps us fragmented within and creates imbalance and tension in relationship with others. 



When our balanced masculine and feminine meets another's balanced way, there can be a flow that feels deep and magnetic and also light and easeful, just like a river, flowing gracefully back and forth. Both are safely seen, supported, and loved by the inner and outer balance. The connection is grounding and calm, yet filled with excitement for possibility. Balance within is an essential foundation here, and can lead to more harmony and peace outside of us in all kinds of relationships and environments. 

Here I share my vows with you. Both parts of me read these to each other. 

  • I promise to practice being in energetic balance and wholeness within.  
  • I promise to show up with you practicing presence and mindfulness. 
  • I promise to practice groundedness so that I will stay and not abandon your heart or my own. 
  • I promise to be aware and respectful of your heart-mind-body. 
  • I promise to work with the stories, fears, and traumas that may affect or block my energy and connection to you. 
  • I promise to never stop discovering myself and you. 
  • I promise to co-create a safe holding environment with you where we may be accountable, truthful, and vulnerable. 
  • I promise to accept, love, and value you as you are and embrace your imperfections.
  • I promise to practice seeing myself and you clearly without delusion. 
  • I promise to give you quality attention and tend to you in the small details. 
  • I promise to regularly check-in with your heart and breath and help you restore where I can. 
  • I promise to practice curious, non-judgmental, and gentle communication about my emotional, spiritual, and intimacy needs. 
  • I promise to practice tenderness and gentleness with myself and you. 
  • I promise to contemplate birth, death, and impermanence so that we may live most presently. 
  • I am responsible for my own happiness, peace, and wellbeing, and will support yours. 
  • I commit to autonomy and togetherness, a place of "us"  -- a healthy interdependence.
  • I commit to my own healing journey, yet share with you a joint path of spiritual growth, connection, and love.  
  • I commit to a path of consciousness, awakening to my truest nature of abundant compassion and awareness. 
After making these vows within and to myself, I feel incredibly clear and rooted in my wholeness. 

Thank you for witnessing and holding this commitment of mine with compassion and love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage