Dear friend: Why I write, why I share

Dear friend,   

When I decided to share my writing with the world, to share these deeply personal reflections openly and vulnerably, my purpose was not to make friends or to be liked or to seek validation from others. I knew I was taking a risk. I knew some people would disagree with my effort.  

I found my way back to writing, first and foremost, as a source of my own deep healing, a journey I understand not everyone will choose or have the resources or capacity to pursue. Writing and sharing with others is my effort to expose my heart as expansively as possible. Because when I put my heart out there, there's really nothing else to lose or be scared of in life. And that's my intention here, is to live each moment without fear, and as authentically as possible. 

The reactions I've received over the past year of writing has been overwhelming. It has revealed to me that many of us live in real emotional isolation. It has showed me that many are suffering without being seen and heard. It has allowed me to feel into the human experience in ways I had not understood. People far and wide have reached out to share their stories and reflections of their own lives. People are longing for connection and shared understanding. I've talked with many new friends, reconnected with old ones, deepened existing relationships, and found alignment with new communities enriching my journey. The gifts from sharing my inner world has been truly endless. 

With every single post I share, I am putting up a mirror for you to look at. What do you see when you look?

You might sense your own discomfort, or fear, or pain. You might think what I'm doing or saying is too much, too intense, or too personal. You might even feel angry at me, or disgusted, or unknowingly irritated by what you're reading. You might feel triggered. You might feel judgmental, of me, or of yourself. You might even feel your own traumas surface. You might see yourself in my story and feel relief or even love unexpectedly. You might feel seen for the first time. You might feel joy and appreciation. You might feel compassion for me, or yourself.  

Whatever it is you are experiencing, it's okay. And however you are receiving it, it may be a signal for something deeper to explore. You could follow the thread, set it aside, or find it later, or even ignore it. There's no right or wrong choice. It's just what ever you're ready or not ready to be with, and again, it's okay any way. I invite in patience and self-compassion for whatever is arising. Please know, you are loved regardless, just as you are. 

Thank you to those who continue to witness and experience this shared journey. 

With care and gratitude, 

Danielle 

Comments

  1. Writing in a journal is such a cathartic, healing activity. People used to blog a lot before social media, and they were so real and open. Like what you're doing here! What do we see, you ask? Not sure, but I feel like everything slows down, and my soul zooms far out of my immediate life to look at the universe around me. Makes me feel like people can share more commonalities than they realize. Like I feel like I might have been on a similar journey as you before. But then the wonderful thing is people ask themselves different questions when they experience similar conditions, so then nothing is exactly the same either. You inspire me to want to blog again. Maybe one day when autumn comes for me again. I'm glad I randomly discovered your writings here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon, so grateful that you paused to share your beautiful reflections with me! Thank you so much. It's amazing you can bear witness to the experience of slowing down and zooming out, to see more clearly your own connection with the worlds within and around you. There's a lot that we as human beings share that we don't acknowledge often enough. Please do consider blogging, and share here if you end up doing so. Wishing ease and small joys for whatever season you're currently in :) Take care

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage