34

Dear Beloveds,  

Today, I turn 34. Compared to past birthdays, I know far less about myself than I had imagined knowing as I enter this mid-summer season of my lifetime. Last year, my world as I knew it got flipped upside down. Instead of immediately flipping it upright again, as I normally would, I continue to gently shake this flipped world, rattling out all parts of me to be seen. From this upside down view, I gained a stunning perspective of an inner universe that I have yet to explore and understand. I am exactly where I need to be!

Would you celebrate this new found universe with me? I invite you to consider donating to Youth Beat, a local organization that supports Oakland youth of color in learning how to tell their stories through digital media. Helping young people to tell their own stories is a way to support them in identifying and relating to their own universes, which is a foundational skill for inner exploration and discovery. My dear friend is a teacher here and works directly with these young folks to develop their media skills. My humble ask: would you consider donating $34 (or whatever amount!) to Youth Beat? My birthday goal is to raise $3000. Thank you so much for your generosity if it's within your ability. Times are hard so even just your thought is deeply appreciated. 


Youth Beat's recent project: 
The DISPLACED youth media project aims to collect stories from young people who have been impacted by the Bay Area housing crisis. See their stories in the link.

Youth Beat's media library:
Students begin making films and media as soon as they walk in our door. Check out some of their best work. 

For those who have chosen to witness parts of my journey, I am incredibly grateful. 

With loving kindness, 
Danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage