Get Naked With Coronavirus

Get naked with coronavirus. 

By get naked, I mean, get quiet, get bored, get sad, get angry, get confused, get relaxed, get rest, get restless, get thankful, get scared, get whatever it is that our inner world is asking of us right now. Get naked with yourself. Get exposed to yourself. 

This exercise might be more difficult for those who have care taking duties. But this is an opportunity nevertheless to really be there for ourselves and our loved ones in a way that we were never invited to do before. This moment of pause in our "normal" lives as we know is historic for the world. Such a moment may frighten many of us who might not be used to this amount of time on our hands or used to this unprecedented barrier to busy-ing our lives in the way that both our evolutionary instincts and American culture socializes us to do. BUT, this is a tremendous chance for us to take stock in what's most important to us, to find gratitude for our lives literally, and to simply get quiet and notice the beautiful world inside of us. 

What's going on with me right now and why? Am I bored? What's my relationship to this boredom? Is it uncomfortable or fun to not have much to do? Am I scared? What's scaring me? Am I sad? What's underlying my sadness? Why am I annoyed at my partner/child? Why am I feeling anxious? What is my judgment of this anxiety? Why do I feel the need to be productive? 

By way of a pandemic, the universe is encouraging each of us to listen closely to the voice that we unconsciously hush every day of our lives. No, I can't hear that voice. I need to keep moving, keep speeding through. Instead, this pause invites us to hear that voice and be gentle with whatever arises. Because if we can hear whatever it's saying, and greet it like you would a friend, the feeling within, whether it be anger, sadness, fear, or angst, it will come and it will go, like the waves of the ocean.  

If we're fortunate to have our health, shelter and food, we're fortunate to see this opportunity as a way to rest into the spaciousness of this moment.  To seize the time to reconnect with ourselves and our loved ones both near and far. 

A lot of folks have asked me, ahhh, is coronavirus ruining your year of dana plan? No actually, it's a double down on my intentions. Sure, there were a few things like visits to coffee shops, a couple short travel ideas, in-person meditation retreats,  and volunteer work that I was hoping to do soon after I leave my job. But given the state of the world, and the fact that I am still healthy (Cảm ơn Phật!), I have managed through the disappointment of these changes. Ultimately, a version of this whole shelter-in-place thing was a big part of my intentions all along, except now the whole world gets to do it with me 🙃so thank you, Universe, for making it as easy as possible for me to get rest and be totally quiet for my healing journey. 

Wishing wellness and safety to you. Praying for continued good health for myself, my loved ones, and their loved ones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage