I can't go home

My dear teacher gifted to me this beautiful poem that speaks to exactly where I am in this moment. The poem was written by one of the five poets of the Tang Dynasty.

--------

FLOATING ON A MARSH

Autumn
the sky huge and clear
the marsh miles from farms and houses

overjoyed by the cranes
standing around the sandbar

the mountains above the clouds in the distance

this water
utterly still
in the dusk

the white moon overhead

I let my boat drift free tonight
I can't go home.

---------

With much wisdom and intuition, my teacher shared her belief that 'home' for me right now refers to my old ways of being, my old patterns of behaviors, essentially, my former self.

I am drifting free right now. Safely in the marsh of my beloved community of friends, mentors, teachers, and family. Safely in the marsh of my own self love and compassion. I am so excited to explore the expansive autumn sky with the beautiful moon looking over me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage