Joy in Grief

My sister and me, circa 1986-1987. Cheeks.

Hot salt baths
Long walks by myself
Long hikes under the sun
Rose Bergamot candles
Buying myself flowers
Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, Ariana Grande, Yuna, Sam Smith
Slow mornings in bed with my soft blue blanket
Jazz and blues
Sunsets with pink and orange highlights
Brightness of a full La Luna
Adorable babies on the bus
Instrumental Study playlist on Spotify
Walking with the spirits at Piedmont Cemetery
Third Culture Mochi Muffins
Laughing with beloveds
Loving on the pups in my life
A hot cup of Wildflower Dreams tea
Spiritual friendship with new humans
Reconnecting with old friends
Cuban sandwich at Clove and Hoof
Grace & Frankie, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Contemplating impermanence and its freedom
Crying when seeing my own baby photo
The smell of Palo Santo (holy wood)
Meditation practice in community
Reading dharma
The tenderness of my therapist
Naked hot tubbing with girl friends
Check-in texts and handwritten notes in the mail
Poems by rupi and Mary Oliver
Cute coffee shops
Writing
Single scoop, 2 flavors, and a warm cookies n' cream cookie at Cookiebar Creamery
The emotional safety of my shoebox studio
Permission to be me, in all my ways, no matter what

🍗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Dana

The Fear Series: I am too much to be loved

You failed at your marriage